agile software development in Nova
source from: internalpublish date: 2022年12月30日
Agile software development
- In software development, agile (sometimes written Agile) practices include requirements discovery and solutions improvement through the collaborative effort of self-organizing and cross-functional teams with their customer/end-user, adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery, continual improvement, and flexible responses to changes in requirements, capacity, and understanding of the problems to be solved.
We are Practicing Agile
- Thousands of projects have been accomplished in Nova Software in these years, and we have practiced many "best practices" which are adopted from famous Agile software development methodologists (e.g. XP, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, etc.). Having learned so much from these experiences, we are clearer about how to be more agile under a realistic outsourcing circumstance.
- Once a new developer joins our company, he will learn some knowledge about agile development and will be put into an agile team at a suitable time to feel it and practice it.
- New junior developers will be helped with their growth via periodical pair programming or code review.
- Our agile developers all are honest, open, positive, responsible, and quickly responsive. They know how to respond to changes, how to improve quality by unit testing, and focus on delivering value to clients.
- They also have good English skills to communicate with our partner - clients or other teams in the development process, such as participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint plan meetings, or just discussing some user stories.
- "For your success" is our wish, also we have to try hard to improve ourselves to be a better offshore software partner (a better IT outsourcing vendor) to reach this goal. Such as advocating agile culture to the whole company.
- Our company provides some FREE supervisors for our developers and our projects, to help them improve.
- For each developer, his supervisor will help him identify several improvement goals and make an improvement sprint. And if our developers do something creative or share some new experience, they will be encouraged with rewards
- Each project has its special background, they cannot use the same development process and practice the same agile practices, so our supervisors will review their weekly performance, give some realistic agile suggestions to a specific project and try to make it more agile step by step.