Case Study: Sitefinity Automatically Manage Advertising Phase3
- Rapidly and high quality development in a certain timeline
- Start a Campaign to buy or bid a position for showing a media automatically
- Admin manage all the medias and campaigns
The client is a Canada company, and they have a website which was developed based
on Sitefinity. This project is the third phase of the existing website. The client
provide a storyboard to us. We worked as IT department and mainly focus on implantation
the functions which were described in the storyboard.
What the client want
- In general, the client want to manage the advertising for their website automatically.
Firstly, for their business users, they would be able to add and manage medias such
as image, flash and Google Ads. Then, they would be able to start a campaign. The
campaign is just for bid or buy a position for their medias which managed previously.
The system managed the available position and pricing based on the criteria with
page type, page position, category and time etc.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Telerik Controls
- We implemented the system by developing user control widget based on sitefinity,
so that user can add the required module flexible.
- For the styles, we followed the style which used in the previous phases, so that
we achieved the uniform interface.
- For the system architecture, we implemented the logic layer and data access layer
in another independent module, so that we will not mess up with the previous implementations.
Benefits to the Client
- Increases productivity. All Medias will be managed automatically by the system,
the client don’t have to track the file in the thousands of messily files.
- Better management. Medias, positions and times will be managed by the system.
Better to track the status and manage it.
- In Time delivery. As the client want to start the first around launch as
soon as possible, we increased more resource into the project to make sure we can
delivery it in time.