Case Study: Rapid Website Development Using N2 CMS
Highlight of this case study
- 4 man-days for 1 site, superfast speed for site-building.
- NO technology knowledge is required to maintain the sites.
- Most cost-effective website solution for small business.
The client is a start-up company which provides web development services to stores, bars, hotels and many other industries.
All of its clients have some common requirements, such as:
- 1Clients hold a high expectation of website's look & feel. They hope the appearance is not only beautiful but also characteristic.
- 2They have a bundle of business information to publish. Therefore, CMS is a preferred solution.
- 3There are various requirements from these clients, including: from text and image presentation to Visitor interaction; from the release of
news and products to all kinds of on-line services (e.g. on-line stores and Events management). On accounts of these different requirements,
it requires a development technology which can quickly respond to changes to implement site customization (N2 is strong in RAD development).
As an emerging lightweight CMS framework based on ASP.NET,
N2 CMS can greatly meet these above needs, our client chose N2 Framework as the web development platform.
- .NET Framework 3.5
- ASP.NET 2.0
- N2 CMS MVC Template
Our main task is to implement these related sites based on HTML Template design.
Following is the system architecture diagram and the MVC (Custom Part) is our core work.
Benefits to Client
- We accomplished 4-site development for the client in one and a half months.
- As long as the webmaster can use Word, he can easily manage these site management functions with a training of a few dozens of minutes.
- These web sites support localization feature, which is convenient for webmaster to publish information to different clients in various languages.
- Our performance is efficient and highly qualified. The client expressed their satisfaction with our work and hoped to sign a longer- time ODC contract with Nova.