Case Study: PhoneGap Coupon App
A client from Canada wants to implement an app to manage users’ coupon information.
Nova has developed the specific website with Asp.net and the service interfaces has already existed.
- Rapidly and high quality development in a certain timeline
- An agile project development for a frequently changed requirements
- Positive advice for design and implantation solution
- jQuery Mobile
This client needs that his app mainly runs in Android/iOS. Phonegap perfectly fits his requirement.
Different Mobile OS versions
Phonegap powers the app run (Android 2.3+, IOS 5.0+)
and Nova makes the app have the same performance in different mobile os versions.
Different screen sizes
We use Html5+Css3 to ensure the app fits different screen size of devices.
With reach experience in mobile development,
we used the points below to ensure the app have the same performance in different screens.
- 1) Responsive design for specific elements size and specific layout.
- 3) Specific html5/css3 mobile properties are used.
- 1) We used QUnit to do unit tests for specific interfaces in back-end.
- 2) We used fastrun website as the best practice for different modules.
3) We used such as "frequent delivery", "frequent communication",
"updated plan" to fit changes, requirement as best practice of agile development.
That helps our client to get the final valuable app.
Benefits to the Client
Continuous refactor has greatly enhanced the performance,
expansibility, stability and maintainability of the application.
We have helped the client with the front-end process so that he could focus on business rules.
We have communicated with the client about our understanding
and suggestion on business so that he could make decision with more possible choices.
Our cross-platform/cross-os-version solution has helped our client reduce their development cost dramatically.
With our rich experience in mobile, we have helped the client on deployment.